We are moving to BC from China, my daughter still needs the...


We are moving to BC from China, my daughter still needs the last shot for MMR, and Men A+C from our home country. How can I continue this in BC? can I take the vaccine antibody test to be sure? As I noticed, the vaccines policy is different between China and Canada. Thanks


Immunization programs vary throughout the world based on the vaccine preventable disease risks in that country and other factors. In Canada, MMR is given at one year of age and again between 4 and 6 years. It is combined with the chicken pox vaccine at that time. You can use our health unit finder to find the contact information for the health unit in the city or town you are moving to. It is important to bring your daughter's immunization record with you to the appointment. A pubic health nurse will review your daughter's record and make sure she is caught up on her immunizations based on the B.C. recommendations. Vaccine antibody testing is not typically recommended in this situation but if you have further questions, call your health unit and ask to speak to a public health nurse.

ImmunizeBC Nurse

Date last updated: 
Tuesday, Jul 14, 2020