My 6th (11y) and 2nd-grade kids will move to BC next month...


My 6th (11y) and 2nd-grade kids will move to BC next month from Japan. They have not had Hepatitis B vaccine. What kind of regulation will be applied on their enrollment?


The Vaccine Status Reporting Regulation is a new regulation (law) put into place on July 1, 2019. It supports the collection of immunization records of school-age children by Public Health so that all records are stored in one place; the provincial immunization registry. It means that you will have to report what vaccines your children have had. Vaccines are not mandatory in BC but reporting them is. You can read more about the regulation here. If you have further questions, please contact your local public health unit and ask to speak to a public health nurse. You can find their number here. If you are interested in the Hepatitis B vaccine, the public health nurse can advise you were you can make an appointment. You will find more info re Hepatitis here.

ImmunizeBC Nurse

Date last updated: 
Monday, Oct 26, 2020