I am traveling to Mexico -end of July. Can I get hepatitis...


I am traveling to Mexico -end of July. Can I get hepatitis A and typhoid vaccinations at the Ladner health unit?


Most public health units do not provide travel vaccines (most public health units only provide publicly funded (free) vaccines). There is a charge for most travel vaccines. Travel vaccines can be purchased at travel clinics, some pharmacies and some doctors’ offices.  

However, if you are eligible for the publicly funded hepatitis A vaccine, you can get this vaccine from your local public health unit.  You can find a list of people eligible for the free hepatitis A vaccine here). 

It is important that you visit a clinic as soon as possible as some travel vaccines may take several weeks to become fully effective and others may require more than one dose. 

You can find more information about travel vaccines here

- Immunization Nurse