Hello,I'm from France and my immunization record is in...


Hello, I'm from France and my immunization record is in French. Do I have to have it translated in English? If yes, can I do it myself? Thanks


It is recommended that you have your immunization record translated into English. This allows for your health care provider in BC to review your record to ensure you have received all of the recommended vaccines.  Vaccine recommendations differ between countries.  A translated record may also be required in the future (e.g., for employment, school or travel). 

To ensure accurate translation, it is recommended that you get your record translated at your local public health unit. A public health nurse can also review your record and let you know if you are missing any of the recommended vaccines.  You can find the contact information for your local public health unit here

Date last updated: 
Tuesday, Mar 01, 2016
Date last reviewed: 
Wednesday, Nov 01, 2017