Browse by topic
I received the AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD vaccine. I’m concerned about blood clots. What should I look out for?
Blood clots are very rare events following immunization. If you have received a vaccine, please read the Vaccination Aftercare handout so you are aware of common symptoms that you might experience.
Some symptoms after a vaccine are of greater concern. If you have any of the following symptoms between 4 and 28 days after you are vaccinated, go to the nearest emergency department:
- Severe headache that does not go away
- Difficulty moving part of your body
- Blurry vision that does not go away
- Difficulty speaking; shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Severe abdominal pain
- New severe swelling, pain, or colour change of an arm or a leg
- Abnormal bruising, reddish or purple spots or blood blisters under the skin
Tell the healthcare providers who sees you that you received the AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD vaccine and give them the date you were vaccinated.
Thoughts from BC residents:
So excited for you! I got my AZ vaccine a week ago today and aside from some fatigue & a sore arm have been feeling fine... mostly relieved & grateful for the extra protection!
— Lydia Elder (@lydiaelder) April 27, 2021
(ImmunizeBC does not endorse or support any individual or statement featured in the tweet above.)