How can I find out what vaccinations my child has had?

It depends on who gave your child the vaccinations, and where.

  • If it was your family doctor, call their office and ask for a copy of your child's immunization record.
  • If it was a BC public nurse, use our health unit finder to get the health unit's contact information, then get in touch and ask them for a copy of your child's records.
  • If you immigrated to Canada, you will probably have a copy of your child's vaccination history in your paperwork.
  • If you came to Canada as a refugee, you might not have any documentation of the immunizations your child received in your home country. Talk to your family doctor, a public health nurse or a clinic that specializes in circumstances like yours (for instance, the Bridge Community Health Clinic) about the immunizations you need.