My son scratched himself on a nail and I want to get a tetanus shot. Can I take him to a public health unit?

We recommend that you contact your local public health unit or doctor as soon as possible so that your child can be assessed to determine if treatment (which may include getting the tetanus vaccine) is required. Tetanus-containing vaccines are available from public health units. 

- Immunization Nurse

This answer was published on Sep 13, 2017.
The answers in the Q&A are not altered or updated after the published date. For current information and recommendations, consult your health care provider.

Was this helpful?

Add a comment

Log in or register to post comments